- Recurrence 12 months or more after pancreatectomy was associated with a better prognosis than earlier recurrence in resected pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC).
Why this matters
- Identification of a cutoff value can improve prognostic stratification in these patients.
- Retrospective analysis of institutional database (n=957).
- Funding: Various nonindustry sources.
- Among 753 patients with a recurrence, 12 months was the optimal cutoff length of recurrence-free survival (RFS) based on postrecurrence survival (PRS; P=3.31×10−13).
- Early recurrence:
- 1-year PRS, 20%.
- 2-year PRS, 6%.
- Late recurrence:
- 1-year PRS, 45% (P<.001>
- 2-year PRS, 22% (P<.001>
- Adjuvant chemotherapy (OR, 0.28; P<.001>
- Chemoradiotherapy (OR, 0.29; P<.001>
- Retrospective study.