- Increased estradiol rise after dual trigger is associated with reduced oocyte and mature oocyte yield following controlled ovarian stimulation during in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment.
Why this matters
- The link between estradiol changes and oocyte retrieval outcomes is unclear.
- Posttrigger estradiol increase was inversely associated with oocyte yield (P=.033) and mature oocyte yield (P=.002).
- ≥40% increase in estradiol was associated with reduced mature oocyte yield (adjusted mean absolute difference, −5.2; 95% CI, −8.2 to −1.8) and increased risk of low mature oocyte yield (OR, 1.64; 95% CI, 1.04-2.60) compared with
- Levels of estradiol increase were not significantly associated with rates of implantation, clinical pregnancy, ongoing pregnancy, pregnancy loss, or live birth (P>.05 for all).
- 2898 women undergoing controlled ovarian stimulation were analyzed for associations between level of estradiol increase after dual trigger and reproductive outcomes.
- Funding: National Key Research and Development Program of China, National Natural Science Foundation of China.
- Retrospective study design.